2 problems

If this is not the proper list to ask then ...

When I try to compile control center 1.0.5, it fails with this:

sound-properties.o: In function `reload_esd_samples':
sound-properties.o(.text+0x1888): undefined reference to `esd_sample_getid'
sound-properties.o(.text+0x189b): undefined reference to `esd_sample_free'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [sound-properties] Error 1

Even though:

root@ozob:/usr/local/lib# ls libesd*
libesd.a   libesd.so    libesd.so.0.2.8  libesddsp.la  libesddsp.so.0
libesd.la  libesd.so.0  libesddsp.a      libesddsp.so  libesddsp.so.0.2.8

root@ozob:/usr/local/lib# nm libesd.* | grep esd_sample_getid
nm: libesd.la: File format not recognized
00000a80 T esd_sample_getid
000022c0 T esd_sample_getid
000022c0 T esd_sample_getid
000022c0 T esd_sample_getid

Does anyone know what the cause of this is?

Also during the same compile I get something like this (a small excerpt):

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lORBitCosNaming.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lORBit.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lIIOP.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

I appear to have all of these.

Thanks,

Gene Imes