Basic Gnome question - Please Help

Hi,

Can anyone help me please with a problem that has only recently started
( since I upgraded from redhat 5.2 to V6.0 ) ?

Before when using Gnome, I could export my display and start X windows
applications on my Linux box with no problems. Since the upgrade I get
the following messages :-

Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#5a757b"
Warning:
    2054-562 Cannot allocate colormap entry for background,
             setting background to white

Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#efed00"
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#845a4f"
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "#2d5b62"

I am using my old /etc/X11/xf86config file, so I would imagine that I am
using the same number of colours as before. The reason that I`m asking
this list is that it only affects gnome.Kde and others display it OK
(I`m running it under enlightenment if its down to the WM)

Any ideas or pointers in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated !

Neil