Re: Edges of the screen (Panel suggestion)

+++ Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 12:06:06PM -0400 +++
nelson-gnome@crynwr.com e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Matthias Warkus writes:
>  > In the talkback to my editorial on LinuxToday, someone told me of
>  > www.asktog.com, a site about user interface design. There, I found
>  > this:
>  >
>  > ] Fitts's Law
>  > ]
>  > ] The time to acquire a target is a function of the distance to and size
>  > ] of the target.
>
> Which is why pie menus rock.  Right-click, and the menu is under your
> mouse.  Move out beyond the dead zone, and your target extends to the
> edges of your screen.  There's even gtk+ code to implement this:
> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~0rfelyus/GtkPieMenu/index.html
>
> I'm going to hack this code into gphoto so y'll can see how it works.

Please, please do this!

At some far point in the future, I would like a configurable option in
Gnome's UI Properties capplet that would make all the menus pie menus.

<dreams>

mawa
--
Windows is the one true OS. MS invented the GUI. MS invented the 32
bit OS. MS is open and standard. MS loves you. We have always been at