Re: Can't exit from panel if not using gnome-session

On 30 Jul 1999 12:56:14 -0400, Michael.Keightley@quadstone.com
<Michael.Keightley@quadstone.com> wrote:

>We are using the Gnome panel here on Solaris and Linux machines either via
>Exceed from a PC or in fvwm2 from a Sun/Linux display.  You can select the
>"Log out" icon on Solaris and the logout dialog box will appear,  and you
>can exit the panel OK.  In Linux nothing happens,  but the error message below
>appears in $HOME/.xsession-errors:
>
>** CRITICAL **: file gsm-protocol.c: line 602 (gsm_protocol_new): assertion `GNOME_CLIENT_CONNECTED (gnome_client)' failed.
>
>** WARNING **: Could not connect to gnome-session.

I've just fixed this problem in CVS.

Checking in session.c;
/cvs/gnome/gnome-core/panel/session.c,v  <--  session.c
new revision: 1.63.2.1; previous revision: 1.63
done

I haven't tested it, but the fix is pretty simple. (crosses fingers)
-- Elliot
Who me? I just wander from room to room.