From: allbery@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:allbery@ece.cmu.edu]
Sent: 30 July 1999 14:37
To: davew-gnome@triluminary.cs.haverford.edu
Cc: "recipient.list.not.shown"
Subject: Re: A primate's worries about Unix and GNOME

On 30 Jul, David G. Wonnacott wrote:
+-----
| 1) Does CORBA or anything else make it easy to build tools that
|    provide both a software interface and a GUI?
+--->8

The whole point of CORBA is communication between software interfaces.
Think of it as a "smart pipe" which is bidirectional and allows
components on different machines to communicate via method calls and
callbacks.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
allbery@kf8nh.apk.net

--
        FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq