Re: Gnome & WindowMaker - may try it again

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Sarel J. Botha wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 04:56:13PM -0400, Brian E. Seppanen wrote:
> > I'm getting the following message when starting gnome via exec
> > gnome-session in my .xinitrc
> >
> > wmaker:  invalid argument '-clientID'.  No windowmanager starts.
> > Any ideas?
>
> I think you just need to compile wmaker with gnome support enabled or install
> the correct RPMs.

I've compiled it with --enable-gnome --enable-user-menu
--enable-single-icon --with-appspath=/usr/local/GNUstep/Apps
--enable-sound.  This is for WindowMaker-0.60.0 on Linux

I can start via startx if I have exec gnome-wm in my .xinitrc, which is
properly using WindowMaker as my default gnome window manager.

I'll post this to the windowmaker list as well.

Thanks,
Brian Seppanen
seppanen@bresnanlink.net