when starting GNOME, message..

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Eduardo Silva" <jobezone@yahoo.com>
Be sure to reply to that address.

Gnome enters fine, but it does pasue for a few seconds before I see any kind graphic.
This message appears in another virtual terminal:

"** WARNING ** Could not get name service!
** ERROR **: File goad.c: line 606
( real_goad_server_activate): assertion failed:
( name_service != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
aborting..."

Because, other than the 7/8 second delay at the begining, it work's fine I' m not in any hurry to fix this, but some ideas about what name services are for me to follow would be nice.

Thanks,
Eduardo Silva

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive