gzopen failed: No such file or directory

I upgraded the following rpm files as root.
ORBit-0.4.92
gmc-4.5.37
mc-4.5.37
mcserv-4.5.37
gnome-print-0.4
gnorpm-0.9
gnumeric-0.31
libglade-0.2
libxml-1.4

Then when I started gnumeric as user mydummy, I got the following error
message:

	Cannot read file /home/mydummy/.gnome/fonts/fontmap :
	gzopen failed: No such file or directory

	** WARNING **: Here we used to add one pixel, perhaps
	this is the source of the miss-alignment?

What did I miss that did not create /home/mydummy/.gnome/fonts/fontmap
file?  I am using RH6.0 with the most recent GNOME version, thanks to
the generous RPM updates from Dax Kelson.
--
  ^    ^