Re: gnome-session & umask

>>>>> "Roberto" == Roberto Zunino <zunino@cli.di.unipi.it> writes:

Roberto> Today I discovered that my gnome-terminal umask was 000 and I
Roberto> found that the culprit was gnome-session: basically "grep
Roberto> umask strace_output" shows a umask(0) as the last umask call.

Bogus!

Roberto> 1) Is this a bug in _IceTransSocketUNIXCreateListener ?

I definitely think so.

Roberto> 2) Has anyone experienced this before?

Not that I've heard.

Roberto> 3) As a workaround I put
Roberto> and I have my umask again != 0, but I don't like this.

It's ugly, but practical.  We ought to work around the bug until new X
libraries have a fix.  I have some gnome-session patches pending; I'll
check this in too.

Roberto> Where I can report this (non-gnome) bug? Who is the culprit ? :-)

libICE is maintained by the X maintainers.  So report it to X.org or
XFree (I don't know which; aven't done that in a long, long time).

Tom