Re: Adding WindowManagers to Gnome login.

Max Wiberg wrote:

> After editing /etc/inittab - setting default runlevel to 3
> and after editing my .xinitrc-file I can start:
> 1: gnome - startx gnome-session
> 2: WindowMaker - startx wmaker
> 3: KDE - startx startkde
>
> Thats all well and good.
>
> But I would like to be able to
> use Gnome:s graphical login-screen to log in to respective
> window-manager. ( entails having runlevel set to 5 in /etc/inittab)
>
> How do I do that?

You have to create new session files for gdm. Session files are located
in "x11confdir/gdm/Session/" directory. For RedHat x11confdir location
is "/etc/X11". If you have no "/etc/X11/gdm" directory, most common
other places are "/etc/gdm", "/usr/etc/gdm" or "/opt/gnome/etc/gdm".

For example to add pure WindowMaker session entry in RedHat distro you
have to make file "/etc/X11/gdm/Session/WindowMaker" containing:

--- file starts at line below
#!/bin/bash -login

wmaker
--- file ends at line above

If you want make real session with error loging and such please use
session file "Gnome" as a template.

Best regards

--
BlackWine.