Re: Alternate window managers and gnome-session

James> 	I have recently started using afterstep 1.6.10 on my GNOME
James> setup (running under Solaris x86 7) and I've found that after
James> exiting from afterstep gnome-session doesn't seem to understand
James> that I want to log out and it just sits there.  If I login
James> remotely and kill gnome-session then it does what it is
James> supposed to.  I'm not sure whether this is an afterstep problem
James> or not (please excuse me if it is).  Just wondering if anyone
James> has seen this and can give me a clue about what to do/try.

When you exit afterstep, you are doing just that -- exiting
afterstep.  gnome-session has no way of interpreting this action as
"log out".

I recommend configuring your window manager so that the "exit" menu
item instead runs "save-session --kill".  This will correctly shut
down your session.

Killing the session manager "works" in that it logs you out, but it
doesn't save your session for you in this case.

Tom