[Problem] PNG file problem with the panel ?

 I used to be able to build and start the panel with an
older version of gnome a couple of weeks ago, and the look
of the panel was much more like what's showing  in
the different screenshots on the gnome web site ... the
texture background and buttons.

 but now, the background is lost, and the buttons
icons are on a black BG, seems that the transparency
is lost ... When I try to assing a icon to a
"new Launcher", the icon browser show me icons
with a black background ...

 How can I check it's in which module that the
problem resides... I checked with gimp, and the
png files have a transparent bg.... if I load them
with ImageMagick's display, I also see a transparent
bg.

 If I load one of the icons as a WindowMaker Icons,
configured with the same imlib, the png files have
transparent BG.

 Thanks...

I have :
glib-1.2.3
gtk+-1.2.3
imlib-1.9.4
libPropList-0.8.3
ORBit-0.4.92
gtk-engines-0.5
gnome-libs-1.0.11
gnome-core-1.0.7

--
Maximilien Lincourt, B. info.,  Software developer
mailto:max@toonboom.com    http://www.toonboom.com