Re: Maybe GNOME needs some Marketing?

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, brady wrote:
> >mailer) and incorporate those ideas into Gnome. Maybe sending the Gnome
> >software round a few well chosen magazines would help?
>
> Does this make sense in light of the fact that Gnome is freely downloadable?

I see your point. However magazines do carry stuff on their cover CD's that you
can just download off the Net. Maybe if some stuff was sent round (thus saving
them the time to get the software - last time I looked GNOME wasn't exactly
small) it would at least get some attention, even if they didn't immediately
put 600MB on the disc and plaster it over the cover.

Just a thought.

--
"G'choo g'choo g'choob"
John Lennon, I am the Walrus