Gnumeric 0.29 is out.

lHello guys,

   New Gnumeric 0.29 has been released!

* Availability

	ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnumeric

* Requirements

	gnome-print-0.4.tar.gz
	libglade-0.2.tar.gz

* New in this release

	* It compiles, I fixed the orbit-idl dependency.

	* Added Names support (Michael Meeks).  Particularly
	  interesting for Excel importing.

	* More fixes in our Excel-exporting code, it should work
	  according to its authors (Michael and Jody).

	* New export plugins from rasca: HTML improved; troff output
	  and troff/pfd as well as improved LaTeX

	* Printing lets you include headers and footers.  I still need
	  to allow the user to add more and load the defaults from a
	  configuration file.

	* Compilation tested on Red Hat 6.0 and FreeBSD 3.0

	* It also contains my effort to make Gnumeric embeddable as a
	  Bonobo component.  This means you can use Gnumeric as a widget
	  in your application by embedding it as a component.

	  It will be in fully functional shape by the next release.

	* Display glitches for right-justified text should be fixed
	  (Thanks to Martin for pointing out the source of the problem).

	* Includes nice header/footer engine.  It uses the same tags
	  as Excel, but we have extended them.

	  The thing is: Excel has this powerful engine for formatting
	  time and dates.  And what did microsoft do for their
	  header/footers?  They forced you into 1-time and 1-date
	  format (btw, in Office-2000, their date format is not Y2K
	  compliant, check their knowledge base :-).

	  So, we support more than they do, example:

		&[DATE:ddd-mmmm-yyyy]

	  This would use the "ddd-mmmm-yyyy" format for the date
	  instead of the default version (ie, &[DATE]).

	* Analysis Tools can output their results to a Workbook (Jukka
	  Pekka).

	* More and improved docuemntation and function documentation

	* Display now honors embedded new-lines (Jody).

	* Link lines have been optimized, it should take less time to
	  link (for developers mostly).

	* Fixed references on the "SEE ALSO" section for the formulas.

	*

Miguel.