GMC geometry, icons w/o text

Is there any way to get the Gnome file manager, gmc, to open up at a set
size?  Every time I start it it defaults back to it's small size.

I have the latest release of gnome for redhat 5.2.  In the users guide on
the website it says there's a  section in control center where I can
specify that the apps use icons without text.  But my version of control
center doesn't have that section.  I tried upgrading the RPM package
control-center but I think it's for RH 6 because I get all kinds of
conflicting packages.  Is there a way to manually set it to use icons
without text?

Thanks,
Warren Bell