Re: loads of questions (solaris)

>From: jgauthier@elnino.monad.net

>1) when compiling 'mc' I get an undefined reference to 'MAX' during the
>	linking process. I've seen this here before, but i haven't been
>	subscribed in awhile.

Find the definition for MAX in another file in that directory I think it is
(sorry, it's been a while since I did this) and copy it in *under* all the
#includes in that file.  One of the #includes (again, I forget which) is
#undefining it for you =O(

>2) when compiling 'linux-cdrom.c' in gnome-media i get undefined values
>	for CD_SECS and CD_FRAMES
>
>3) when compiling 'gnome-ppp-chat.c' I get an error that the send_fd
>	struct doesn't have the following members:
>	msg_control,len,msg_flags,cmsg_data

Some Linux-specific stuff just wont work =O(

>4) when running some of the monitoring applets they fail assertions
>	and quit:
>	(cumemusage: proc.c line 64)
>        i'm guesing because these thing read linux's /proc

On the other hand, this is fixed.  Get the latest libgtop release - it has
pretty good Solaris support in it =O)  Then recompile these Applets.  Make sure
you compile the libgtop and the applets on the same OS level you're going to run
them on - Solaris has changed a lot between 2.5.1 and 8 in this area.

>5) when enlightenment  starts i get an error about my server not using
>	shared pixmaps.  I cannot seem to enable them from imlib-config.
>	Running XFree86 (R6.3)

Can I guess you have an Elite3D or Creator3D graphics card?  This seems to be a
problem with the drivers for these cards.  I was fine with 2 PGX-8s, but since I
added an Elite3D as my 3rd screen, I don't get shared ZPixmaps anymore, and have
to turn the pagers off =O(

>6) gtop doesn't display anything except for disk usage. will this ever
>	work under solaris?

Yes - see the libgtop comment, and get the latest release of gtop too.

>7) e-conf, when i run it causes enlightenment to seg fault.

I've seen e-conf die on every attempt to start, but I've never seen it take E
out too =O(

I'm running it on a Solaris 8_alpha system.

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'         "Everything is true, for a given value of 'true'" - PTerry