RE: Viruses

It's an interesting idea, but in practice it isn't enough.  This same
technology is used to sign applets used by web browsers.  Perhaps because of
this, most virii/worms (ok, I know they're different, but the effects are
often the same) don't piggyback on applets.  Yet they still get into Windows
machines myriad other ways.  Other routes into Linux also exist.  A more
general runtime protection scheme may be more thorough.

rog