Re: what, where is gonme-config

> I'm trying to install Balas 0.4.9.5. After extracting the tar, I ran
> ./config. After a bit of processing, I received the following message:

1) I take it you were talking about Balsa. =)

It won't work with the recent libs (IIRC)

>       checking for gnome-config... no
>       checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
>       configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file...

> I am using Red Hat Linux 6.0 with Gnome installed. I've tried looking
> around, and checking Deja.com, but I can't seem to find gnome-config.
> I'm starting to feel like an idiot, which I probably am, but I
certainly
> would appreciate it if someone out there could give this idiot a hint.

Gnome-config is a script that's use in (obviously) compiling packages.
Once run it'll echo the flags your compiler needs to know to correctly
compile a gnome app. I don't know about where to get it in RH though.
(Proud Debian user =)