Re: Updated RH 6.0 GNOME RPMS 6/30

Hello all,

After tooling around, and updating several packages, I have
managed to get all the updated SRPMS (graciously provided by
Dax Kelson) to compile on Redhat 5.2.  Unfortunatley, I can't
install them because the most important package (gnome-libs)
fails one dependency!  It requires 'utempter'.  I downloaded
the source rpm (utempter-0.5-1.src.rpm) from the redhat 6.0
area, but it won't build!  Apparently it uses a library from
glibc 2.1 (utmpx.h), and redhat 5.2 only has glibc 2.0!  Dooh!
Do any of you know if it would really be bad for me to install
gnome-libs with --nodeps?  I have checked the rest of the
dependencies, and everything else is up to snuff.  Is there
something else I can do? (short of upgrading glibc)

-Matt