0.99.3 installation failure (imlib?)

Hello,

I'm unsure what's happening here. I downloaded all the non 'devel' RPMs
and did 'rpm -Uvh'. There were still a few problems, so I had to remove
gnumeric, gnome-utils, and gftp. (not gnome) Then the bulk install went
just fine.

Now it doesn't work, and it appears to be imlib related. I've forced a
reinstallation of imlib, to no good. Next I'll RTFM and verify all the
GNOME rpm's I downloaded, next chance I get. Anyway, here are the
messages I get. Suggestions welcome.

You're going to have idiots installing this eventually, I figure
someone had better start acting like one, now.

Dale Pontius

$panel
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/tiles/tile-normal-up.png
All fallbacks failed.
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/tiles/tile-normal-down.png
All fallbacks failed.
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/tiles/tile-purple-up.png
All fallbacks failed.
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/tiles/tile-purple-down.png
...(more like this)...
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-logo-icon-transparent.png
All fallbacks failed.

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtksignal.c: line 725 (gtk_signal_connect_after): assertion `object != NULL' failed.

...(more like this)...
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1077 (gtk_object_set_user_data): assertion `object != NULL' failed.

** CRITICAL **: file applet.c: line 426 (register_toy): assertion `applet != NULL' failed.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)