Re: Bug in Enlightenment?

>From: "Bruce Z. Lysik" <eldrik@logrus.com>
>To: gnome-list@gnome.org
>
>I'm noticing a /serious/ bug in Enlightenment (from the CVS) right
>now.  At least I think it's from Enlightenment.
>
>Basically things start up okay, but after a while I'm unable to change
>focus to one window.  Then another, then another.  Even killing the
>process doesn't completely solve the problem.  I'm left with a big,
>black window frame that the process was running in.
>
>Anyone else see this, or have a solution?  Thanks.

Yup, I've noticed this - on Solaris/SPARC with 2 screens, since Raster fixed up
the Focusing code (and thus fixed a previous bug that was annoying, but not
*this* annoying).  I reported it to the e-develop list 2 days ago, but until
now, no-one else had seen it - so I'm really pleased for your misery, as it
means I'm not going insane. ;O)

I'm trying to figure out the cause now, since unfortunately Raster is unable to
reproduce it, so of course can't fix it.  I was under the impression it was due
to the Focus of a window that *didn't* have direct focus on one screen being
lost when you move the mouse to another screen.  The Xserver is responsible for
transfering Focus at this point - not the WM - so I figure something is getting
confused around here.  Raster has only the one screen, so...

It's therefore *very* important to me that you let me know what configuration
you have - OS, processor, number and type of framebuffers, versions of most
every underlying library etc.  This may help me figure out the problem.  If you
have just the 1 framebuffer too, I need to do a complete rethink =OZ

As an aside, which version of libtool do you have?  This has happened since I
upgraded to 1.2d, but I've just rebuild Enlightenment from the 2nd January, and
this bug isn't in that release, so that looks an unlikely cause =OZ

Of course if you're able to debug this too, that'll help more ;O)

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk