Re: syntax errors when trying to compile ORBit

>From: Matthew Ross Davis <mdavis@isi.net>

>Anyone else getting these?
>
>../../../src/idl-compiler/orbit-idl interface_repository.idl
>Error: syntax error
>
>** WARNING **: Parse of interface_repository.idl failed
>

>Trying to compile GNOME on Solaris 2.7 w/ egcs 1.1.1

Yup, that's exactly what I see attempting to compile the latest ORBit release on
Solaris from 2.6 through to 8_alpha.

Fortunately, I still have a previous build installed and am having no problems
using that instead.  I'm just hoping whatever this is goes away by the next
release =OZ  I've had no luck debugging the cause of it.  The newer orbit-idl
gives a syntax error on the first line of *any* IDL file it's shown - even if
you delete the first line, it goes on the next.  However, the previous one reads
all the same files no problem.

Maybe you'll have more luck than I did figuring out why =OZ

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk