Re: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > and yet I provide cases for the PII-450 owners and the 486 owners toget
> > the best performance. You simply nuked performance for everyone except
> > 486 owners. That is worse that anythying else.
>
> I did some measuring now.
>
> The only people affected by the Pixmap cache being disabled are the
> medium- to low-end users.  Users of high end machines do not even have
> a way to notice the Gtk Pixmap theme with Pixmap Cache or without the
> Pixmap cache.

I beg to differ.  I have a k6 233 w/ 128 megs of RAM.  There is a
noticable difference with or without the cache.  Without the cache it is
pretty much unusable.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

You might be a gamer if...you've ever argued against a combat rule based
on your experience in the SCA/Military/Police, etc.