RE: gtk+ and gtk-engines slow

On 22 Jan, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> I just tried it as well. It does speed up the computer significantly. :)
> If the cache is so much faster, shouldn't it default to cache instead of
> defaulting to no cache?

Well, it would eat a loooot of memory I guess... but I think it would be
a good idea to always cache the pixmap-engine's pixmaps, if possible.
Because otherwise I don't think the pixmap-engine is useable if you
don't have a dual PII 450+ with the best graphics card available or so
;)

But I guess that someone that has the knowledge should take a look at
m´why things get redrawn so many times... One is enough, 2 is a bit too
much and 3 times is... not good.

Richard