Solved (ORBit compil. prob.)

Earlier I reported strange error messages ( "NO CLUE" post ).
Solution was simple (I still do not understand what could have
produced those error messages).

My lucky guess was, that as soon as I'd upgraded "libtool" to version
1.2d, I should have upgraded "autoconf" as well. It worked!!!  It
compiles after I grabbed libtool-1.2d-1 and autoconf-2.13-1 RPM files
from RedHat "rawhide" distribution (ftp://rawhide.redhat.com) and
installed them on my RH5.2 system.

 Sergey

PS. I hope I just missed some important Gnome announce.