Re: mini-commander bug

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 10:57:16PM +0100, Oliver Maruhn wrote:
> rebecca.ore@op.net (Rebecca Ore) writes:
> >
> > I just found out that if one manipulated the corrugated area too much
> > and drags the mini-commander around, it will drop core and disappear.
> > Details if anyone thinks this is a bug and not a way to make sure that
> > people don't play with their panels.
>
> ;-) Sure, details are always welcome.  I thing this is more a gtk+ problem
> than a problem of this applet.

It's repeatable, but just not as quickly when using the default theme.
One stack trace coming up:

[rebecca@ogoense rebecca]$ gdb 'which mini-commander' core
GNU gdb 4.17
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(no debugging symbols found)...

mini-commander: No such file or directory.

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `mini_commander_applet --activate-goad-server
mini-command
er_applet'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x4042d781 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x4042d781 in ?? ()
#1  0x4042e7bf in ?? ()
#2  0x400ad5f7 in ?? ()
#3  0x400ad6ae in ?? ()
#4  0x40300188 in ?? ()
#5  0x403690b9 in ?? ()
#6  0x40367886 in ?? ()
#7  0x40352a5d in ?? ()
#8  0x4031adf0 in ?? ()
#9  0x40257a08 in ?? ()
#10 0x402d1521 in ?? ()
#11 0x40297bdc in ?? ()
#12 0x40295db1 in ?? ()
#13 0x402c90c4 in ?? ()
#14 0x4026cc0a in ?? ()
#15 0x4026bf64 in ?? ()
#16 0x4030bc46 in ?? ()
#17 0x400ab380 in ?? ()
#18 0x400ab77b in ?? ()
#19 0x400ab8a5 in ?? ()
#20 0x4026badf in ?? ()
#21 0x400123b9 in ?? ()
#22 0x804c19e in ?? ()
(gdb)

Could gtk problems explain the wonkiness of the drive-mount applet also?
I'm getting the impression that there are two problems with drive mount
(other than the one being discussed in....no carrier....).  The first is
the double instances displaying; the second is that going to preferences
seems to make things worse -- as though the image file or associations
for the image file were corrupted.  Now that I don't have mini-commander
on my panel, I'll try drive-mount.  Yep, two instances.  I can get a
chance to the zip image on one.  Okay.  I can remove the second
instance.  Boom.  Next stack trace:

[rebecca@ogoense rebecca]$ which 'drive-mount' core
[rebecca@ogoense rebecca]$ gdb 'which drive-mount' core
GNU gdb 4.17
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(no debugging symbols found)...

drive-mount: No such file or directory.

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `drivemount_applet --activate-goad-server
drivemount_applet_factory'.
#0  0x4027dd3a in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x4027dd3a in ?? ()
#1  0x402b6e09 in ?? ()
#2  0x402b6ef6 in ?? ()
#3  0x804a476 in ?? ()
#4  0x804a4c6 in ?? ()
#5  0x400abeec in ?? ()
#6  0x400ab380 in ?? ()
#7  0x400ab77b in ?? ()
#8  0x400ab8a5 in ?? ()
#9  0x4026badf in ?? ()
#10 0x400123b9 in ?? ()
#11 0x804ae47 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Okay, my system is kernel 2.0.36, i586, compiler egcs-1.03a,
glibc-2.0.7, gtk+-1.1.12, gtk-engines-0.1, glib-1.1.12,
gnome-core-0.99.3.1.  All other tarballs and patches as per this list
and instructions written by Les Thompson.

RedHat 5.1 with all relevant upgrades through XFree86-3.3.3.

--
Rebecca Ore
And *I* don't think GUIs rot developer brains.