building rpms and what's up with the panel

I have 2 problems:

I want to install gnome and e on my laptop. I only have 400 megs of
 disk partition for linux so I don't have the space to have all the
 libs and sources.
I decided to build rpms. So I went inside my glib directory (cvs glib)
and just dig rpm -bb glib.spec. Then I was surprised that he suddently