gnome-core-0.99.3 compilation problems (and possible fixes)

Okay, I've been trying to compile gnome-core - It is a PAIN :) It
doesn't work out-of-the-box. Apparently several files have been left
out of the 'applets' section, I got this from jimpick, but I do not
'suspect' that i the problem. For example the applets/batmon
directory is empty, so are some other places (bussign I think and
freshapp) among others, This provides a bunch of errors, what I've
had to do is remove the entries from po/POTFILE.in until I could get
compilation to work. Also missing apparently is the desktop-
properties stuff (I had to remove that chunk from POTFILE.in).
Could somebody download the jimpick mirror of gnome-core-0.99.3
and verify this - Is this a jimpick only problem, or is it one with ALL
of the gnome-core-0.99.3?
Thank you