Re: gtk-warnings

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Richard Hult wrote:

> How bad are the warnings that gtk+ spit out like crazy all over the
> place? Lots of the gnome apps do this and most of the warnings are just
> WARNINGs, but some are CRITICAL and some are Gdk-ERRORs.
>
> How serious is this?

If the program is working well, chances are you can ignore them.  If the
program is having problems, they can give information on what the problem
is.

If you can't stand them, use the autogen/configure switch
"--enable-debug=no" before compiling glib, gtk+, gnome-libs, whatever.  I
think that gets rid of most of them.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef