Re: Redrawing slow?

>From: sluzynsk@sound.net
>Yep, it's probably the theme. Try the default gtk theme to compare, it
>will probably seem MUCH faster. If it doesn't then there may be another
>problem..
>
>On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Johan Groth wrote:
>> I've used a couple of Gnome applications now for a couple of days
>> (mainly balsa and gmc) and have noticed that redrawing the window after
>> a window resize or change of layout is very slow compared to a motif
>> application. Is this because of the theme I'm using (pixmap) or is
>> gnomeUI, gtk+ and friends just slow?

I tried using the E theme for GTK+ for a while (which uses the PixMap engine)
and it was so slow (on my SPARc Ultra10 300Mhz) that I switched back within the
day.  It also stole too many colours on my bbpp framebuffer =O(

With the default theme, it snaps away very nicely =O)

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk