Re: some comments on gmc

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > To learn more about this application please check out
> > "http://www3.pair.com/mccarthy/nextstep/".  An effort to implement
> > something like this using the WINGs widget set of Window Maker and
> > featuring some probably reusable code can be found at
> > "http://www.csn.ul.ie/~clernong/projects/fsviewer.html".  I'd wish
> > GMC would follow this kind of route some more...
>
> Exactly which features do you like the most from those file managers?

Especially the flexible file browsing concept as realized through the
usage of file panels is what i largely prefer. Shown in the screenshot
"http://www.csn.ul.ie/~clernong/icons/fsviewer_main.jpg". This is a
very functional and informative design and more or less the same what
i like about tkdesk's handling.  You really have to try it out to get
the feel for it.  FSViewer currently doesn't do very much and is not
really functional for file management but the file browsing works as
intented.  I've made an informal Debian package out of it:
ftp://ntama.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian/unofficial/binary/fsviewer.app_0.0.2-1_i386.deb
Source-RPMs and binary RPMs can be downloaded from
"ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/pub/fsviewer/".  You need to have the Window
Maker libraries (0.20.3) installed to run it.  Window Maker rules
anyway! ;-)
                                Thanks, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------