closing extra fd's in gnome_execute_*

I have noticed a bug in bash when there are too many fd's around, it
crashes on certain operations. The thing is, many programs have this
problem.  They should all be fixed, but this isn't always practical.

Does anyone see a problem if we close all fd's except 0,1, and 2 in
gnome_execute_* or should we add a set of functions,
gnome_execute_(async|shell)_*_closing_fds and have programs use those
instead?  I assume breaking binary compatiblity by adding a parameter to
these functions is out of the question due to the code freeze, correct?

Manish Vachharajani               Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>                   your expensive computer
                                              to a simple stone - Unknown