Re: [Solution] Re: (*sigh) new gnome-libs problems.

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

>    Yosh has pointed out why this is not working as intended.
>
>    the gnome-libs link against the -ldb library.  This library on some
> systems provides a wrapper for snprintf using sprintf (if snprintf
> does not exist, it does this).
>
>    glib implements g_snprintf in terms of snprintf if the system has
> one, or uses an internal implementation if this is not available.
>
>    So, what happens is that db is not correctly compiled in your
> system.  I suggest people reinstall or update their db package.

Oho.

Yeah, for some reason, my libdb-2.0.7 that came with my glibc was living
side-by-side with the older libdb-1.85 that was libc5-specific.  That could be
a problem, indeed.

So, with this fixed, _YES_, I have gnome-libs compiled and installed.  Thanks
tons to everyone.

R Pickett                Look around you. This is what the world
emerson@hayseed.net      looks like at the end of the millenium.