Re: cvs connection refused ???

On 06 January, 1999 - Marc J. Fraioli sent me these 0.6K bytes:

> > This is new to me (worked perfectly so far) but when I try cvs login
> > on anoncvs.gnome.org it answers :
> >
> > (Logging in to anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org)
> > CVS password:
> > cvs [login aborted]: connect to anoncvs.gnome.org:2401 failed:
> > Connection refused
> >

> That was happening to me yesterday sporadically.  Just try it again a
> few times, and it will likely work eventually.

The problem is that one of the servers (there are 4 or so listening to
anoncvs.gnome.org) doesn't accept cvs talk.. so the problem itself will
not go away by trying again, but you could get to some other server
which works...

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå