Re: gnome panel

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, George wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 01:38:20PM +0100, Sigmund Freud wrote:
> > I use gnome-session yes, but I don't start the panel myself..Right now,
> > when I for instance start gtkicq, it starts up another panel, instead of
> > putting everything in the same panel...
> > And, when I check now, i see that I have a zombiepanel:
> >
> > freud      370  0.0  0.0     0     0  ?  Z    12:37   0:00 (panel
> > <zombie>)
> >
> > this one comes after the first panel.
>
> this is truly weird ... it would almost seem like the applet wants
> to activate the panel interface but it starts a new panel ... there could
> be some sort of race or whatnot  .....
>
> Elliot? does this sound reasonable? ...

The name service has to be crashing or something.

I don't know if the zombie is indicative of the problem though - I am
seeing zombies in whichever processes startup gnome-name-service, not just
in the panel.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg