gnome-session, background-properties-init question

Hi!

  Can you  tell me how  the gnome session  works? I cannot  overseen it,
but I hope it is not so complex.
  I  asked   it,  because  I   want  to  run  the   window-manager,  the
session-manager (etc) run  from a terminal, because  I sometimes changes
window managers  on the fly,  and I don't  want to destroy  the desktop.
I'm using this terminal to read the console-messages also.
  Can you tell me, how can I run gnome to do this?

dLux
--
                        mailto:dlux@rulez.org
      mailto:dlux@aramszu.net