Help with installation (pixmaps not found)

I installed from RPMs (0.99.1).
Then installed gtk-engines from CVS (today's copy).

Things seem to work, but I am getting a bunch of the following errors:
And the applications look, how can I say it? Naked?  NO pixmaps or
lines or anything, just the text.

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "frame_gap.png" line 932

Whre the file name changes. I have the pixmaps, for instance:

[dmg@aries17 /]$ find /usr/share -name "frame_gap.png" -print
/usr/share/themes/Pixmap/gtk/frame_gap.png

What I am doing wrong or what haven't I done yet?

Thanks in advance for any help,

--
Daniel M. German                  "We die. That may be the meaning of life.
   Toni Morrison ->                But we do language. That may be the