Answering your question

On Seg, 04 Jan 1999 08:13:58 Rebecca Ore wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 12:54:42AM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > just released LibGTop 0.99.1 - tarballs and RPMS can be found here:
> >
> > 	ftp://ftp.home-of-linux.org/pub/libgtop/0.99.1/
> >
> > This release is tagged LIBGTOP_0_99_1 in the CVS tree.
> >
> > LibGTop is pretty stable at the moment and already feature freezed for
> > GNOME 1.0 so it was time to do an official release of it.
>
> I feel like a joke or something -- but I still can't get it to build.
> Does it need LibPropList?  What is the missing 'AM_PATH_GLIB' that's not
> found in the library?  I assume that's responsible for the build
> failure.
>
> So far, I haven't deleted everything that I build before.  I rebuilt
> everything from glib on -- and everything else up to this point and
> beyond has built uneventfully, and displayed different behavior when I
> built the .99.1's.
>
> I'm tempted to download the rpm and do a forced install and see if that
> will help matters.
>
> Sorry to be so fussy, but everything else is building and this isn't.
> Obviously nobody else is having this problem, so what is different about
> my system?  Kernel, compiler, libs?  Is anyone else on a stock RedHat
> 5.1 with upgrades except the last kernel upgrade?  If it's built for
> someone else with the same system, I'd like to find out how they did it.

I once had a similar problem. Try this:

copying all that is in /usr/local/share/aclocal to /usr/share/aclocal

and if you want something that works a bit better after you did this
remove /usr/local/share/aclocal and create a directory with the same
name but as a symlink to /usr/share/aclocal

You can also change your autogen.sh so that when he calls aclocal the
flag "-I /usr/local/share/aclocal" is passed but it's kind of boring
to change all of the autogen's and it may generate conflicts between
the .m4's in the two dirs.