Re: gnome-mime.c patch (fwd)

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, George wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 08:24:10PM +0000, Elliot Lee wrote:
> > No it wasn't (I apologize for leaving the FIXME there :) Magic scanning is
> > rather slow compared to extension scanning, so it should be done explicitly
> > by apps. Tom Tromey had another reason for not doing this which I forgot.
>
> I thought that that was the reason for doing
>
> gnome_mime_type_or_default
> and
> gnome_mime_type_or_default_of_file
>
> the former doesn't do magic scanning .. the latter does ...

that was what I had originally assumed also, without my patch or something
similar, all the _of_file version does is call the previous one, it does
nothing different.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
Find my PGP PublicKey - http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf/CDR.asc

Death.  Inevitable.  If death was inevitable, what was left?  Style, only
style.
			-Lucifer's Hammer (Larry Niven & Jerry Purnelle)