Re: How Important is the 1.0 release ?

Hello!

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>> Are you saying that gmc is not going to be in Gnome 1.0?  That to be
>> would be a serious drawback in my view.
>No, it will be, but it isn't frozen right now. All the "essential
>components" will be, none of the apps will - they are on their own
>schedules.

Although I'm not a GNOME developer, I have followed GNOME since almost the
beginning. And I want GNOME 1.0 as a big success in the free software
community.

My point is: we should include at least some of the applications (like
gnumeric, yagirc, gwp, etc) to show how GNOME is getting much better than
others integrated enviroments out there.

The apps included not need to have the last features that the developers are
programming now, but a stable and not buggy release will be ok.

What you think?

--
Arturo Tena <arturo@Directmail.org>      http://arturo.Directmail.org/
PUBLIC KEY (PGP/RSA):               'finger cbtsra0@andromeda.ulsa.mx'