ANNOUNCE: gxTar 0.0.8 released

gxTar 0.0.8 has been released!

Your favorite format can be found at one of the following:
http://gxtar.netpedia.net/gxtar-0.0.8.tar.gz
http://gxtar.netpedia.net/gxtar-0.0.8-1.i386.rpm
http://gxtar.netpedia.net/gxtar-0.0.8-1.src.rpm

Some changes in 0.0.8:
*added more options to the Preference screen
*added popup menus (right click in file list)
*Drag and Drop support added. (thanks goes to jaka.mocnik@kiss.uni-lj.si)
Check the ChangeLog for a complete list of changes.

gxTar is a Gnome/Gtk+ front-end to common archive utilities
under unix.  The goal is to make it the winzip of the unix world.
Currently zip, gzip, tar, bzip2, and arj are supported. Current
functionality includes the ability to open and create archives, and to
add, delete, extract, and view files.  Files can also be added to
archives or opened by draging & droping from any D&D supporting GTK+ app,
including gmc.

The current release has been tested on Linux with the latest CVS release
of Gnome (though the latest RPMs should work).  It is (still) no longer
possible to compile a GTK+ version. I finally got tired of re-implementing
all of the functions that Gnome provided. Perhaps I will bring the Gtk+
version uptodate again someday, but not now.

Suggestions, bug reports, etc are always wanted at gandalf@pobox.com

The URLs:

The main web page is:
http://gxtar.netpedia.net/