Re: compiling on libc5 system

Thaks for all your replies...

I fixed that problem but i now have more...

Yerterday and this morning i was retrying to install gnome...
The problems were
  libTIFF header -> i reinstalled libZ, libUnGIF, etc.
  libtool warnings -> i do not know what they mean...
  ORBit - connect.c in some dir had somthing like
   #if XXXCONFIGURED
    void some_proc();
    int allow_XXX, deny_XXX;
  #endif
  put the int variables out of #if -- it worked (it was the likner problem)
  And the problem i cannot fix is:

   i was able to compile lib-gnome...
  but what i wrote "make install"
  i got a "segmentation fault" (after an amount of time)
  gnome-gen-mime?? was faulty
  i tried to link it statically but i realized that most of the gnome libs were
generating seg faults...

  by the was enlightenment 15 is working fine... (gnome-test app is too!!!!!!)
  i will install a new slakware 3.5 system with only base, c compiler, X11 base,
and kernel headers included but nothing else (not even netscape) and try
installing gnome again...

  Wait for more news...