Re: gnome-terminal macros and guile extensions
- From: Mike Bond <mike bond template com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldy uaa edu>
- CC: gnome-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org, miguel nuclecu unam mx
- Subject: Re: gnome-terminal macros and guile extensions
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:58:45 -0500
And in time we could write towers of hanoi for gnome-terminal, then a
phychoanalist that produces quotes based on highlighted words, and...
and... and... ;-)
Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> gnome-terminal could also add scheme bindings that would make it aware
> of what is on the screen. so i could have a macro [spell-word] that
> would execute:
> (define (spell-word)
> (let ((word (gnome-terminal-get-highlight)))
> (if (system (string-append "/bin/spell -w " word))
> (gnome-terminal-display-in-status-bar "Word ok")
> (gnome-terminal-display-in-status-bar "Mispelled"))))
> ideally it would be great to have bindings for all of gnome, allowing
> any extension to be able to pop up gnome-windows with information,
> etc. but this isn't imperative.
> is this feasable for inclusion in gnome-terminal?
] [Thread Prev