Re: Gnome+REDHAT 5.2

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 07:46:40PM +0100, Cifronti David was heard to say:
> Hi folks..
>
> I' ve installed Gnome on my redhat5.2 and added the following to my xinitrc:
>
> panel &
> background-properties --init &
> keyboard-properties --init &
> mouse-properties --init &
> fvwm2 -f .fvwm2rc.gnome
>
> but when i started again the Xwindows enviroment (with startx) nothing but
> my normal xwindow appeared.
> Actually it seems that the only way  I have to start gnome is write "panel
> &"
> in a xterm windows.
>
> Any suggestion?  TIA David Cifronti

  What does your .xsession-errors file say?  Are the Gnome programs in the
path of the xinitrc script?

  Daniel Burrows

--
  The universe, they said, depended for its operation on the balance of four
forces which they identified as charm, persuasion, uncertainty and

     -- Terry Pratchett on Discworld religion, _The Light Fantastic_