Gnome Panel/Pager interaction.

Howdy -
    I've just freshly installed the latest gnome/enlightenment release
and am observing some strange behavior. The enlightenment default setup
is a 2x2 virtual desktop, which shows up properly in the gnome pager.
The trouble is that anytime I click on the gnome panel (whether I'm
launching an app or opening a drawer or whatever), I get instantly
kicked to the upper left desktop, even if I'm in one of the other three.
This is pretty annoying. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance - Jon

--
Jonathan L. Cromwell
CommQuest, An IBM Company