Re: gmc/libvfs suggestion for removable media

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 09:57:16PM -0500, Jesse D. Sightler was heard to say:
> Simple, it doesn't allow you to eject the disk with anything other than
> software, or a small pointed object.  :)  This stuff should only be a
> major problem for drives that don't have intelligent electronic disk
> ejection systems.  Unfortunately floppies on PCs, and I believe ZIP
> drives are both guilty of having mechanical eject buttons.  LS-120s, CDs
> and Mac disk drives are all generally smart enough not to allow ejection
> if they are already mounted by the kernel (unless, of course, you use
> the manual override).
>
> Anyway, the point is that this is not a GNOME issue, and is therefore
> irrelevant to this list.  :)

  Hmm.  Ok.  I'm still not entirely convinced that Gnome couldn't at least
help with the current mess, but I'll bow to popular opinion and shut myself
up (for now :-) ).  There are more important issues to deal with at the moment
anyway..

  Daniel

--
  The universe, they said, depended for its operation on the balance of four
forces which they identified as charm, persuasion, uncertainty and

     -- Terry Pratchett on Discworld religion, _The Light Fantastic_