Re: Problem with configure

Yoni Elhanani wrote:

> I tried to compile gnome-libs from cvs.
> first I was told to get the newest gtk+, so I did.
> then after compiling and installing it, i got:
>
> checking for GTK - version >= 1.1.15...
> *** 'gtk-config --version' returned 1.1.16, but GTK+ (1.1.14)
> *** was found! If gtk-config was correct, then it is best
> *** to remove the old version of GTK+. You may also be able to fix the
> error
> *** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
> *** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
> *** required on your system.
> *** If gtk-config was wrong, set the environment variable GTK_CONFIG
> *** to point to the correct copy of gtk-config, and remove the file
> config.cache
> *** before re-running configure
> no
> configure: error: GTK not installed
>
> that was weird.
> so i uninstalled and reinstalled and still it was the same.
>
> this have happend to me when i tried 1.1.15 too, but then i just
> unpatched to it get my old 1.1.14 and the problem was solved.
> anyway, i really dont know what to do.
>
> please help.

This one was a weird one!  The problem is caused by gutils.c not being
caused to
recompile when config.h changes - so if you don't run "make clean" on glib,
you
get to keep the old version number that gtk reports internally.

The quick fix is to just run "make clean" on glib, and try compiling it
again.

Is this a bug in automake/gmake, or is the date stamp not being changed
properly?

Andrew Clausen