Re: GNOME 1.0 !!

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Pierre-Louis Vincent wrote:
> Please, could someone give me an answer other than wait..when its
> done..etc .?? Please!! I really need to know an approximatve date...

If you *need* to know for a good reason, you're out of luck. No software
delivery date estimate in the history of the world has ever been accurate
by design. People get lucky sometimes perhaps.

Free software is even worse about this, because we are not employed on a
regular schedule. Therefore the "official" free software policy is not to
answer this question.

The current estimate is Very Soon, like days/weeks. However, don't be
surprised if that's incorrect in either direction. You should not base
important decisions on it.

Havoc