Re: GtkICQ -> Gnome Communicator

Um, how about Gnomenclature.  Which might loosely translate to "a way
of speaking."

:P

---Kevin Miller <sar@403forbidden.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Yoni Elhanani wrote:
>
> > Sam Vilain wrote:

Communicator" or

> > > Hmm.  Sounds like "Netscape Communicator".
> > >
> > > How about The Chat Program for Internet People, or TCPIP.
> > >
> > > GCQ?  What does ICQ stand for, anyway? :)
> >
> > I seek you.
> >
> > > Ideas could go along the lines of:
> > >   - broadcasting, yelling, shouting etc
> >
> > what do you mean?
> >
> > Gnoooooome!
> > Helllo!
> > Quack!
> > Are you there? is this thing working?
> > Can you hear me?
> > Help in trapped in a little box inside you're screen!!!
>
> Hmm.. I like the last one :)
>

> > I cant find any suitible names under "shout" category.
> > (I guess I was not looking hard enough)
> >
> > >   - pick an acronym and put some words around it :) like GROQ, or
> > >     GHONE (pun on phone).
> >
> > It sounds as if you cough when you say that.
> > but maybe Gnome-Talk or gnome-pager (argh, these are taken ;-))
> >
> > maybe IC-GNU? it is not gnome specific but it's very nice
> > (if it is a complete gnome replace then it might be an "official"
gnu
> > project?)
>
> I like the IC-GNU.. got a nice ^G to it :)
>

> > or... gnICQ (pronounced "gnaysicue" just like barbecue or donahue)
> >
> > can it be: gnarf, the program without a meaningful name but a good
> > functionality?
> >
> > GCQ doesnt look right to me. Reminds me of Gecko.
> > (damn! Netscape took all our names! ;-))
> >
> > > Or stick two words together, like Gnommunicate.
> >
> > Oh no.
> > still is too much netscape communicator. it's too long anyway.
> > (GnomeScape Gnommunicator, hmmm)
>

> sar
>
> ------------------------------
>
> If God is One, what is bad?
>                 -- Charles Manson
>
> Death has been proven to be 99% fatal in laboratory rats.
>

> --
>         FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at
http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq

==
Daniel L. Pasco---http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/2160/
"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

A rose by any other name would likely be
"deadly thorn-bearing assault vegetation."