gmc and 'trash'

I'm using a checkout of mc from late last night..
I'm trying to use a symlink to /dev/null as a trashcan, where I can drag
items to it and have them deleted.  I've set the default drop option to
'rm -rf %s' and tried with the 'use default' button checked.  Neither seem
to work.  I know I'm doing something wrong, but what command could I put
in the default drop to make it either remove the files when dropped on, or
bring up the GMC "delete" dialog?

sar

If God is One, what is bad?
                -- Charles Manson

Death has been proven to be 99% fatal in laboratory rats.